Attivo Networks’ CTO to Host RH-ISAC 2020 Session on Cyber Deception for Retail and Hospitality
Attivo Networks®, an award-winning leader in cyber deception and attacker lateral movement threat detection, today announced it will host a virtual breakout session at the 2020 RH-ISAC Cyber Intelligence Summit, titled: “Deceptively Simple Threat Detection.” Tony Cole, Chief Technology Officer at Attivo Networks, will discuss the value of modern cyber deception and share ways that retail and hospitality organizations are using virtualized deception fabrics to gain rapid visibility and alert of in-network attackers.
WHO: Tony Cole, Chief Technology Officer, Attivo Networks
WHAT: Deceptively Simple Threat Detection
There are fundamentally two ways to stop an attacker. One is to pursue them and the other is to ambush them. Pursuing an attacker takes advanced training; it is complex and requires an extreme level of precision to detect attacks across all attack surfaces. Alternatively, the use of modern cyber deception has proven itself to be early and accurate in the detection of threats. Globally, retail and hospitality providers are stealthily using virtualized deceptions fabrics to efficiently plant decoys, bait, lures, and misdirections within their networks to ambush adversaries and trick them into revealing themselves.
In this session, attendees will learn how deception technology is used to gain rapid visibility and alert of in-network attackers. They will also gain insights into the value organizations are gaining:
• Reducing dwell time by 90% by detecting and denying lateral movement
• Improving privilege access management by derailing unauthorized active directory (AD) queries
• Detecting and diverting credential theft and reuse
• Pinpointing and validation of insider threat activity (employees, suppliers, third parties)
• Securing Cloud Operations and malicious network activities
• Defending legacy devices and point of sale (POS) terminals from attack
• Detecting and hindering ransomware attacks
• Gathering of forensic evidence and adversary intelligence (IoCs/IoAs/TTPs) reducing triage time by 12X
• Enhancing EDR and SOAR solutions
WHEN: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 1:00 PM – 1:40 PM EST
WHERE: The three-day 2020 RH-ISAC Cyber Intelligence Summit will be fully virtual.
To register for the event, visit https://summit.rhisac.org/rsvp/ to reserve your spot.
MEDIA: Tony Cole is available for interviews by request. If you are interested in expert commentary for any upcoming stories, please reach out to Matter Communications at PRAttivo@matternow.com.
Loren Guertin and Kate Duchaney
Matter on behalf of Attivo Networks
Free Active Directory Assessment
Get Visibility Into Privilege And Service Account Exposure
For a limited time, Attivo Networks is providing free Active Directory Security Assessments to demonstrate how ADAssessor provides unprecedented and continuous visibility to AD vulnerabilities.
Try Our Endpoint Detection Net (EDN) for Free
FAST AND EASY
Free use offer of our Award-winning security solution to prevent attackers from lateral movement, credential theft, and privilege escalation, fast and easy.
ADSecure 90-Day Free Trial
GET PROTECTION AGAINST UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO ACTIVE DIRECTORY
- Hide and deny access to AD objects
- Get alerted on unauthorized queries
- Attack details easily viewable in dashboard
- Your data remains on-premise