Attivo Networks Launches Attack Path Vulnerability Assessments for Continuous Threat Management at Black Hat
ThreatDefend Detection Platform Expands, Providing Attack Path Prediction, Enhanced Deception Techniques and Support for Routed Networks
FREMONT, Calif., July 25, 2016— Attivo Networks®, the award-winning leader in deception for cyber security threat detection, today announced that the Attivo ThreatDefend™ Deception and Response Platform has been enhanced to provide an organization’s visibility and assessment of vulnerable attack paths that a cyber attacker would take to reach critical assets. Attivo is empowering organizations with insight into how an attacker would target misconfigured systems or misused credentials and then automating the response actions to isolate these systems from causing additional infection, exfiltrating data or harming critical infrastructure. Additionally, the company announced that its next generation software has enhanced its deception technology to misdirect and detect attackers seeking to begin their attack by targeting Microsoft Active Directory, which is a favored target for attackers seeking credentials for attack escalation. The new release will also include an expansion of the ThreatDefend Platform to support routed networks, for micro-segmented datacenters and enterprises networked across multiple locations and branch offices.
The ThreatDefend Deception and Response Platform provides real-time threat detection and attack forensic analysis for accelerated incident response and remediation. The platform is designed to provide early detection of cyberattacks from all threat vectors including zero-day, stolen credential, ransomware and phishing attacks that are renowned for bypassing traditional prevention systems. The platform is aligned to Gartner’s Adaptive Security Architecture of Predict, Block/Prevent, Detect and Respond (Gartner, February 2016)* and is designed for early Detection of threats, accelerated incident Response and strengthening of Prevention systems based on attack information gathered while deceiving and engaging attackers. The company’s announcement expands the ThreatDefend Platform into the pillar of Prediction and enhances its Detection capabilities.
• ThreatPath™: Provides an attack path vulnerability assessment based on likely attack paths that an attacker would have traversed through misconfigured systems or credential misuse. Visual illustrations of attacker paths based on penetration techniques provide insight into risks and clickable drill downs provide the details of weaknesses and IP addresses for systems needing to be isolated and/or fixed.
• Active Directory Deception and Detection: Organizations running the Microsoft Windows Server platform are susceptible to attacks where attackers exploit and gain un-authorized access to Active Directory. Attivo ThreatDefend BOTsink® integrates deception into the organization’s Active Directory Infrastructure to deceive and identify attackers seeking to gain escalation privileges.
• Routed Network Support: ThreatDefend BOTsink engagement servers can now engage with deceptive IP addresses and networks on routers over Layer 3 GRE tunnels, which is ideal for micro-segmented datacenters, enterprises networked across multiple locations and branch offices. The solution will also support sending Darknet IP traffic to the deception servers, which will dynamically engage attackers and deceive them into revealing themselves.
“Attivo Networks customers are referring to the ThreatPath offering as an ideal and highly efficient solution for continuous end-point and server attack path vulnerability assessment.” said Tushar Kothari, CEO of Attivo Networks. “Our customers can now quickly see misconfigurations, assess their vulnerabilities, and accelerate the remediation of these systems. The big attraction is that they can efficiently understand their attack path vulnerabilities at any time.”
In his April 7th report, “Addressing the Cyber Kill Chain”, Gartner Analyst Craig Lawson provides steps to augment existing prevention methods. “Start to inventory how many steps of the CKC you currently cover for your most critical IT assets,” he states, “Know what’s on your network and prioritize patching that takes into account vulnerabilities that are seeing active exploitation in the wild.”
*Gartner, Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2016: Adaptive Security Architecture, David W. Cearley, Avivah Litan, Brian Burke, and Mike J. Walker, 26 February 2016
About Attivo Networks
Attivo Networks® is an award-winning leader in deception technology for real-time detection, analysis, and acceleration of incident response to cyber-attacks. The Attivo ThreatDefend™ Deception and Response Platform provides early detection of advanced, stolen credential, ransomware, and phishing attacks that are inside user networks, data centers, clouds, IoT and ICS-SCADA environments. By deceiving attackers into revealing themselves, comprehensive attack analysis is efficiently gathered, actionable alerts raised, and response actions automated with prevention system integrations. Designed for continuous threat response, the platform provides vulnerability assessment of attack paths, that can be used to strengthen an organization’s overall security posture. For more information, visit www.attivonetworks.com
Follow Attivo Networks: Twitter and Linked In
Free Active Directory Assessment
Get Visibility Into Privilege And Service Account Exposure
For a limited time, Attivo Networks is providing free Active Directory Security Assessments to demonstrate how ADAssessor provides unprecedented and continuous visibility to AD vulnerabilities.
Try Our Endpoint Detection Net (EDN) for Free
FAST AND EASY
Free use offer of our Award-winning security solution to prevent attackers from lateral movement, credential theft, and privilege escalation, fast and easy.
ADSecure 90-Day Free Trial
GET PROTECTION AGAINST UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO ACTIVE DIRECTORY
- Hide and deny access to AD objects
- Get alerted on unauthorized queries
- Attack details easily viewable in dashboard
- Your data remains on-premise