Attivo Networks Lends Expertise to New Report Calling for Revolutionary Approach to Cyber Security
2017 TAG Cyber Security Annual Names Attivo Networks a Distinguished Vendor
FREMONT, CA – September 8, 2016 – Attivo Networks®, the award-winning leader in deception for cyber security threat detection, today announced the joint release of the first-annual 2017 TAG Cyber Security Annual — Practical Handbook and Reference Guide for the Working Cyber Security Professional. Attivo Networks is part of an industry collective of 48 of the nation’s foremost cyber security vendors participating in the report, which was published by The Amoroso Group (TAG Cyber) following in-depth industry research and analysis.
“The most efficient way to catch a criminal has always been to set a trap. Attivo technology delivers on this promise for cybersecurity teams with highly advanced deception and detection techniques that consistently catch what even the most sophisticated prevention systems have missed,” explained Tushar Kothari, CEO or Attivo Networks. “Our team enjoyed its interaction with TAG Cyber throughout the development of this fine report and we are truly honored to receive recognition as a Distinguished Vendor.”
The report details a new urgency for how America’s commercial, financial and utility sectors respond to escalating and increasingly complex cyber-attacks. It includes a comprehensive analysis of the cyber security industry with specific insights from C-level executives and thought leaders. Dr. Edward G. Amoroso, former chief security officer of AT&T and author of six books on cyber security, spearheaded writing and researching the report.
“I have always believed that deception is one of the most powerful tools for turning the tables on an attacker,” said Ed Amoroso. “And few companies have as much experience and insight into the process as Attivo Networks.”
The 2017 TAG Cyber Security Annual has been written for information security and technology professionals in all industries with a special focus on U.S. infrastructure companies, including energy, telecommunications, manufacturing, health care and utilities. The report will be available at no cost to all users as a free download on Attivo Networks’ website and TAG Cyber’s website.
The handbook is centered around a revolutionary new approach to cyber security that calls on tech leaders of the largest and most important American enterprises to explode existing infrastructure to disperse data across multiple platforms, offload sensitive information into secure cloud-based solutions and reload systems, policies and personnel to better position them to effectively defend against cyber attacks that are not only likely, but occurring at an increasing rate.
It includes three volumes:
- Volume 1: TAG Cyber Security Fifty Controls details the fifty primary control areas required for CISO teams to be effective in this new era of cybersecurity. These areas include traditional controls such as firewall platforms and two-factor authentication along with non-traditional controls such as security recruiting and security R&D. For each control area, an extensive list of supporting vendors is included to help jumpstart local source selection.
- Volume 2: Interviews with Distinguished Vendor Principals includes in-depth conversations with the thought leaders and distinguished vendor principals. It offers a brief digest of the expert guidance and cyber security insights offered by these industry authorities during the research stages of this report.
- Volume 3: TAG Cyber Security Vendor Listings serves as a reference guide to the cyber security industry. This comprehensive review includes nearly 1,400 vendors this year, with an additional 500 vendors to be incorporated into the 2018 report.
About Attivo Networks
Attivo Networks® is an award-winning leader in deception technology for real-time detection, analysis, and acceleration of incident response to cyber-attacks. The Attivo Threat Matrix™ Deception and Response Platform provides early detection of advanced, stolen credential, ransomware, and phishing attacks that are inside user networks, data centers, clouds, IoT and ICS-SCADA environments. By deceiving attackers into revealing themselves, comprehensive attack analysis is efficiently gathered, actionable alerts raised, and response actions automated with prevention system integrations. As part of the continuous threat management platform, ThreatPath™ provides vulnerability assessment of attack paths for proactive incident prevention. For more information, visit www.attivonetworks.com
About TAG Cyber, LLC
The Amoroso Group (TAG Cyber) is a global cyber security advisory, training, consulting and media services company. Led by Edward Amoroso, industry veteran and former chief security officer for AT&T, TAG Cyber supports hundreds of companies around the world by providing a roadmap for identifying, preventing and eliminating cyber attacks on their systems and data.
415-963-4082 ext. 101
Free Active Directory Assessment
Get Visibility Into Privilege And Service Account Exposure
For a limited time, Attivo Networks is providing free Active Directory Security Assessments to demonstrate how ADAssessor provides unprecedented and continuous visibility to AD vulnerabilities.
Try Our Endpoint Detection Net (EDN) for Free
FAST AND EASY
Free use offer of our Award-winning security solution to prevent attackers from lateral movement, credential theft, and privilege escalation, fast and easy.
ADSecure 90-Day Free Trial
GET PROTECTION AGAINST UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO ACTIVE DIRECTORY
- Hide and deny access to AD objects
- Get alerted on unauthorized queries
- Attack details easily viewable in dashboard
- Your data remains on-premise