Cybersecurity in 2018: broader scope of innovation and bigger venture dollars
Reading Time: < 1 | Published: January 31, 2018 in Attivo News
Given the explosion of ransomware attacks in 2017 and stunning breaches like those at Equifax and the National Security Agency, it’s no surprise that corporations worldwide invested yet another record amount in cybersecurity products and services.
Predictably, venture capitalists and their counterparts inside corporations also invested a record amount in cybersecurity startups.
Will we see more of the same in 2018? The answer is yes.
Here are the key developments likely to spur investment activity on all fronts in 2018…
- Heightened attention to cybersecurity offensive countermeasures. Cybersecurity has been mostly defense-oriented, but this has never been sufficient. Moving forward, we will see more companies spring up along the lines of Attivo Networks, a leader in deception solutions. Attivo applies deception-based decoy and luring technologies within networks to misdirect attackers and deceive them into revealing themselves. (Disclosure: My firm has invested in Attivo.)
Free Active Directory Assessment
Get Visibility Into Privilege And Service Account Exposure
For a limited time, Attivo Networks is providing free Active Directory Security Assessments to demonstrate how ADAssessor provides unprecedented and continuous visibility to AD vulnerabilities.
Try Our Endpoint Detection Net (EDN) for Free
FAST AND EASY
Free use offer of our Award-winning security solution to prevent attackers from lateral movement, credential theft, and privilege escalation, fast and easy.
ADSecure 90-Day Free Trial
GET PROTECTION AGAINST UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO ACTIVE DIRECTORY
- Hide and deny access to AD objects
- Get alerted on unauthorized queries
- Attack details easily viewable in dashboard
- Your data remains on-premise