How Is The Cybersecurity Threat Landscape Changing?
When we asked 25 IT security executives this question we heard two themes: 1) the threat landscape is expanding exponentially; and, 2) more sophisticated hackers are making a lot of money.
Expanded Threat Landscape
- 1) Politically motivated attacks. Cyber warfare is driving regime change. We’ve moved from weapons to cyber warfare. 2) Ransomware. 3) IoT (e.g., Dyn attack). People don’t worry enough about security and end up keeping things on default values.
- Mobile is the most vulnerable because there’s no news about hacks; however, they are taking place. IoT and mobile will shift to cybercrime with ransomware on refrigerators. Need to test for mobile and IoT vulnerabilities. There will be watershed events on both in the coming year with ransomware being the big issue.
Free Active Directory Assessment
Get Visibility Into Privilege And Service Account Exposure
For a limited time, Attivo Networks is providing free Active Directory Security Assessments to demonstrate how ADAssessor provides unprecedented and continuous visibility to AD vulnerabilities.
Try Our Endpoint Detection Net (EDN) for Free
FAST AND EASY
Free use offer of our Award-winning security solution to prevent attackers from lateral movement, credential theft, and privilege escalation, fast and easy.
ADSecure 90-Day Free Trial
GET PROTECTION AGAINST UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO ACTIVE DIRECTORY
- Hide and deny access to AD objects
- Get alerted on unauthorized queries
- Attack details easily viewable in dashboard
- Your data remains on-premise