Attivo Networks Makes Deception Technology Deceptively Simple
Next-Gen Deception Technology Enhances Ease of Use, Automation, and the Scalability Required for Wide-Scale Adoption
Fremont, CA, June 28, 2018 – Attivo Networks®, the award-winning leader in deception for cyber security threat detection, today announced new advanced capabilities that use machine learning to automatically generate and deploy the most authentic deception that covers an extensive set of attack vectors at scale.
This product release lowers the total cost of ownership by completely automating the deployment and maintenance of the most authentic and comprehensive deception environment. It accomplishes all of this transparently and without adding any agents to the production environment.
This is a new generation of the ThreatDefend™ platform that extends a customer’s ability to ubiquitously cover its on premise, remote, and cloud operations in a simple and consistent manner. It is the latest in deception technology and completely integrates into any customer’s security workflow.
“Deception needs to be not only dynamic in its authenticity and attractiveness to the attacker, but also needs to be extremely scalable and simple to create, manage, and operate without the use of any agents.” said Tushar Kothari, CEO of Attivo Networks. “With the incorporation of machine-learning, Attivo can now automatically generate new campaigns at the push of a button to refresh the environment for renewed attractiveness and decoy placement. It really can’t get much easier than this.”
The overall management of deception boils down to three critical components: automatic deception generation, deployment, and maintenance. The original use of honeypots and early forms of deception credential management were either plagued with scalability and management challenges or compromised authenticity for ease of use. Customers no longer need to compromise. The following product enhancements make this as easy as 1-2-3.
1. Generate Deceptions: Machine-learning is utilized to learn the assets, applications, and device profiles and automatically generates a matching deception environment. This technology is able to distinguish the difference between IoT devices, SCADA environment, and an enterprise network as well as different credential naming conventions.
2. Intelligent and Agentless Deployment: As deception continuously learns the environment, the technology matches network behavior, mimics devices, and deploys deceptive credentials and assets that are mirror-match authentic. Deception campaigns can be automatically deployed and/or can be reviewed and executed at the push of a button.
a. The Attivo Networks agentless endpoint credential technology provides an extensive offering of deception breadcrumbs and non-invasive decoys without the need for additional CPU or traditional software infrastructure management.
b. The company’s ThreatDirect™ deception solution family projects deception at scale throughout the network without the need for additional hardware or infrastructure, making it extremely effective for deploying deception in cloud, remote offices/branch offices, or micro-segmented networks.
3. Continuous Operation: Every aspect of the deception environment is monitored to determine when the solution should deploy updates, refresh credentials, and deploy new deception decoys. Additionally, Attivo deception dynamically expands the deception surface upon suspicion of foul play and following any attack, new deception is deployed to automatically refresh the deception environment. This prevents “fingerprinting” by attackers who would then know what to avoid.
Ultimately, behavioral deception based upon machine learning means that all deception elements can blend seamlessly into the environment and become indistinguishable from production assets; that deceptive environments can continuously evolve and scale; and that attackers cannot defeat the deception by profiling. All, with easy automated management, deployment, and operation.
The concept of deception campaigns is not new. However, the ability to do this accurately and at scale without human intervention has evolved and as such, has firmly earned Attivo Networks the business of organizations across all major verticals including the finance, healthcare, retail, energy, legal, travel, and entertainment industries. The company grew 300 percent year over year in 2017 and has secured more than 100 customers across US, EMEA, and APAC markets.
About Attivo Networks
Attivo Networks® is the leader in deception technology for real-time detection, analysis, and accelerated response to advanced, credential, insider, and ransomware cyber-attacks. The Attivo ThreatDefend™ Deception and Response Platform accurately detects advanced in-network threats and provides scalable continuous threat management for user networks, data centers, cloud, IoT, ICS-SCADA, and POS environments. Attivo Camouflage dynamic deception techniques and decoys set high-interaction traps to efficiently lure attackers into revealing themselves. Advanced attack analysis and lateral movement tracking are auto-correlated for evidence-based alerts, forensic reporting, and automatic blocking and quarantine of attacks. For more information, visit www.attivonetworks.com.
Free Active Directory Assessment
Get Visibility Into Privilege And Service Account Exposure
For a limited time, Attivo Networks is providing free Active Directory Security Assessments to demonstrate how ADAssessor provides unprecedented and continuous visibility to AD vulnerabilities.
Try Our Endpoint Detection Net (EDN) for Free
FAST AND EASY
Free use offer of our Award-winning security solution to prevent attackers from lateral movement, credential theft, and privilege escalation, fast and easy.
ADSecure 90-Day Free Trial
GET PROTECTION AGAINST UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO ACTIVE DIRECTORY
- Hide and deny access to AD objects
- Get alerted on unauthorized queries
- Attack details easily viewable in dashboard
- Your data remains on-premise