Attivo Networks® Awarded U.S. Department of Defense Contracts for Active Cyber Defense and Cyber Deception Technology
Company Arms Cyber Warfighters to Defend Our Nation’s Most Critical Networks
FREMONT, Calif. – July 15, 2021 – Attivo Networks®, the industry experts in preventing identity privilege escalation and detecting lateral movement attacks, today announced it is working to provide the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) with a new generation of sophisticated, active defense technologies. The Attivo ThreatDefend® platform uses advanced deception and machine learning techniques to detect, degrade, disinform and divert adversaries. Threats are contained and valuable forensics gathered, providing real attack intelligence to the Common Operating Picture (COP).
- Wargaming: The Attivo Networks ThreatDefend technology recently saw action during a significant planning wargame exercise, confirming that active cyber defense technology affects the adversaries’ ability to maneuver undetected. The government exercises have proven that Attivo Networks technology is a strong deterrent and works to expose malicious behavior from highly skilled and determined adversaries. This exercise represents the company’s fourth cyber exercise supporting DoD and its partners.
- AFWERX/AFVentures SBIR Contract: Attivo was awarded a DoD Small Business Innovation and Research (SBIR) contract through AFWERX/AFVentures. The contract supports the Air Force in securing its most critical networks and system resources. This award demonstrates the demand for protecting high-value assets and reducing Active Directory (AD) exposures through a unified risk management platform.
- DoDIN Approved Products List (APL): The Attivo Networks ThreatDefend hardware and software products are now available on the Department of Defense (DoD) Information Network Approved Products List under Cybersecurity Tools. This inclusion on the DoD DoDIN APL represents the completion of testing with DoD platforms and DISA Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
“Active Directory plays a critical role in basic network operations. However, it also helps adversaries determine which personas and high-value assets to attack,” said Todd Helfrich, VP of federal, Attivo Networks. “Through adversary management, DOD customers can better defend their networks. We are proud to work with the DoDIN Approved Products Team, DIU and AFWERX/AFVentures to strengthen our nation’s cyber defenses.”
Attivo was awarded an Other Transaction (OT) prototype agreement for active cyber defense with Defense Innovation Unit in 2019, supporting DoD requirements for active cyber defense that uses state-of-the-art deception techniques to detect lateral movement.
Adversaries have consistently identified Active Directory as a source of network, asset and user intelligence while also becoming foundational to enterprise architecture Zero Trust strategies. The Attivo Networks ThreatDefend Platform provides the DoD and the broader U.S. Federal Government with comprehensive risk reduction, attack prevention, detection and intelligence collection in support of defending forward operations outlined within the Cyberspace Solarium Commission report. Specifically, the ADAssessor solution will assist in finding, documenting and remediating exposures within AD and limit the adversary’s ability to identify sensitive targets, compromise misconfigurations, move laterally and gain persistence.
Learn more about Attivo Networks Federal solutions: https://www.attivonetworks.com/government.
About Attivo Networks
Attivo Networks®, the leader in identity detection and response, delivers a superior defense for preventing privilege escalation and lateral movement threat activity. Customers worldwide rely on the ThreatDefend® Platform for unprecedented visibility to risks, attack surface reduction, and attack detection. The portfolio provides patented innovative defenses at critical points of attack, including at endpoints, in Active Directory, and cloud environments. Data concealment technology hides critical AD objects, data, and credentials, eliminating attacker theft and misuse, particularly useful in a Zero Trust architecture. Bait and misdirection efficiently steer attackers away from production assets, and deception decoys obfuscate the attack surface to derail attacks. Forensic data, automated attack analysis, and automation with third-party integrations serve to speed threat detection and streamline incident response. ThreatDefend capabilities tightly align to the MITRE ATT&CK Framework and deception and denial are now integral parts of NIST Special Publications and MITRE Shield active defense strategies. Attivo has 150+ awards for technology innovation and leadership. www.attivonetworks.com.
Free Active Directory Assessment
Get Visibility Into Privilege And Service Account Exposure
For a limited time, Attivo Networks is providing free Active Directory Security Assessments to demonstrate how ADAssessor provides unprecedented and continuous visibility to AD vulnerabilities.
Try Our Endpoint Detection Net (EDN) for Free
FAST AND EASY
Free use offer of our Award-winning security solution to prevent attackers from lateral movement, credential theft, and privilege escalation, fast and easy.
ADSecure 90-Day Free Trial
GET PROTECTION AGAINST UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO ACTIVE DIRECTORY
- Hide and deny access to AD objects
- Get alerted on unauthorized queries
- Attack details easily viewable in dashboard
- Your data remains on-premise