Turn the Tables on Your Attackers with Deception Technology
On this episode of the CyberSpeak with InfoSec Institute podcast, Carolyn Crandall, chief deception officer at Attivo Networks, talks about defending organizations via deception technologies, helping organizations shift from a prevention-based security infrastructure to an active defense, and other security topics.
In the podcast, Crandall and host Chris Sienko discuss:
- How deception technology works for defense? (1:30)
- What were the challenges involved in creating a deception department from scratch? (5:15)
- If breaches are inevitable, how does that impact security strategy? (12:55)
- How do you get buy-in from employees if everyone is getting infected? (14:55)
- What is the next step following a breach? (16:45)
- Is deception technology mostly done in-house or can be it outsourced? (18:35)
- What are the strategies for security around remote workers? (21:55)
Free Active Directory Assessment
Get Visibility Into Privilege And Service Account Exposure
For a limited time, Attivo Networks is providing free Active Directory Security Assessments to demonstrate how ADAssessor provides unprecedented and continuous visibility to AD vulnerabilities.
Try Our Endpoint Detection Net (EDN) for Free
FAST AND EASY
Free use offer of our Award-winning security solution to prevent attackers from lateral movement, credential theft, and privilege escalation, fast and easy.
ADSecure 90-Day Free Trial
GET PROTECTION AGAINST UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO ACTIVE DIRECTORY
- Hide and deny access to AD objects
- Get alerted on unauthorized queries
- Attack details easily viewable in dashboard
- Your data remains on-premise